As of the date of this posting (November 10, 2021), we are seeking to fill one Communications & Storytelling Associate or Communications & Storytelling Strategist position.
We are looking for an individual with the following capacities:
- The team member in this position is an effective storyteller, educator, and communicator, as well as a strong writer, editor, and project manager and coordinator.
- We will consider applicants who can demonstrate the ability to grow their strengths in the responsibility areas of this position even though they may not have direct formal education or work experience.
- This position supports and enhances the ACLU of Oregon’s mission, vision, and values by designing, coordinating, creating, and implementing social and other digital media, print and other written media, graphics, video, and other types of multimedia communications strategies, content, and events that are impactful, timely, educational, and persuasive.
- The types of communications and storytelling content created, coordinated, refined, and/or edited by this position include content such as: internet content, blog posts, opinion editorials, press releases, press events and other types of events, membership engagement events and materials, emails, social media graphics and posts, podcasts, videos, talking points, policy summaries, educational materials, magazines, newsletters, and reports.
- This position works closely, collaboratively, and supportively with all areas of the ACLU of Oregon, including integrated advocacy, development, membership, legal, policy, strategic planning, and administration.
This is a salaried, exempt, full-time position. The annual salary for this position is $60,000 (if successful applicant is at the Associate level) or $66,000 (if successful applicant is at the Strategist level). Based on the experience and ability level of the successful applicant, the ACLU of Oregon will determine whether the individual will start as an Associate or Strategist.
Because we have established an internal salary system that centers equity, clarity and transparency, competitiveness, and sustainability, salaries for positions are not negotiable.
Currently, we are developing a values- and equity-based approach to implementing upwards salary adjustments for team members who are able to demonstrate that based on their lived experience, work or volunteer experience, formal or informal education, and/or language skills, they have or will be able to contribute significant value to the ACLU of Oregon's work in the areas of anti-racism, equity, and centering of and connection to BIPOC or other marginalized communities important to the ACLU of Oregon's work, and that this contribution is significantly greater than the level of general competence and contribution in these areas expected of ACLU of Oregon staff in each of our positions.
We provide an excellent benefits package, which is summarized in the job posting.
Please see the job posting at www.bitly.com/acluor-csa-css-posting. (Please open the job posting as a pdf and not a google or word document.) The job posting has information about job duties and responsibilities, pay and benefits, and what is required in an application. Please submit your application at www.bitly.com/acluor-csa-css-app.
Posted on November 10, 2021. We encourage applicants to take the time they need to put together their application materials.
Applicants who have questions about application review timelines or need support accessing the job posting or application should email email@example.com.
We are open to considering applicants who wish to live outside the Portland area or outside Oregon.