As of the date of this posting (December 10, 2021), we are seeking to fill one Development Director position. The ACLU of Oregon believes — and works to ground all fundraising efforts — in racial equity and social justice. Our development and fundraising efforts are rooted in the guiding principles of Community-Centric Fundraising.
We are looking for individuals with the following experience:
- Required: five plus (5+) years combination of formal or informal experience, education, and/or training commensurate with fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector with growing confidence in leading and managing a development program and team.
- Examples of experience, education, and training that fulfill this requirement include relevant lived experience and non-traditional education, volunteer or paid work, internships, community-based and other types of training and workshops, community college, trade school, and university courses and degrees.
- Experience, training, and education from inside and outside of the United States are considered equally. Transferable skills and lived experience will be considered.
- Preferred: three to four (3-4) years direct experience in soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts; experience with a diverse donor pool is ideal.
- Or equivalent education and/or experience.
This is a salaried, exempt, full-time position. The annual salary for this position is $95,000.
Because we have established an internal salary system that centers equity, clarity and transparency, competitiveness, and sustainability, salaries for positions are not negotiable.
Currently, we are developing a values- and equity-based approach to implementing upwards salary adjustments for team members who are able to demonstrate that based on their lived experience, work or volunteer experience, formal or informal education, and/or language skills, they have or will be able to contribute significant value to the ACLU of Oregon's work in the areas of anti-racism, equity, and centering of and connection to BIPOC or other marginalized communities important to the ACLU of Oregon's work, and that this contribution is significantly greater than the level of general competence and contribution in these areas expected of ACLU of Oregon staff in each of our positions.
We provide an excellent benefits package which is summarized in the job posting.
Please see the job posting at www.bitly.com/acluor-dd-posting. (Please open the job posting as a PDF, not a Google or Word document.) The job posting has information about job duties and responsibilities, pay and benefits, and what is required in an application. Please submit your application at www.bitly.com/acluor-dd-app.
Please contact email@example.com if you need any assistance accessing the job posting or job application.