Thanks to hundreds of ACLU supporters, our Justice for All 2020 Statewide Membership Conference was a success! We heard an inspiring speech from ACLU National Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, Amber Hikes. Our keynote speaker, Walidah Imarisha, grounded us in Oregon’s Black History by examining institutional white supremacy and centering the resistance of Black communities and other communities of color as active change makers. The keynote highlighted how history, politics, and culture have shaped—and will continue to shape—the landscape not only for Black Oregonians, but all Oregonians. And our panels on police divestment and immigrants' rights were truly inspiring.
Divesting from Police and Reinvesting in Black Communities, featuring:
- Lamar Wise, ASFME 75 political coordinator, ACLU of Oregon board member, Safety & Justice Oregon board member.
- Paige Fernandez, ACLU National policing policy advisor.
- Mac Smiff, activist, ACLU of Oregon client, We Out Here Magazine editor-in-chief.
Organizing for Immigrants' Rights, featuring:
- Alaide Vilchis Ibarra, Interfaith Movement for Immigrant Justice (IMIrJ) executive director.
- Cristina Delgado, Adelante Mujeres leadership and immigrant solidarity project manager.
- Janet Sarai Llerandi-Gonzalez, Mecca Bend executive director.
- Amber Rose Orion, Gorge ICE Resistance community organizer and co-founder.
Register now to join us at our next events! We will be online again soon: